Friday, February 15, 2008

Shout Out to Shelley







Happy Birthday Shelley.




My brother's wife. My sister in law. Leah's aunt.

I won't tell you how old Shelley is today but she looks at least 10 years younger than her real age. Shelley married my brother about 20 years ago and I was so glad that he finally found happiness. They are a good match.
Shelley is an excellent mom -- in fact one of my role models for motherhood. She was basically done raising her daughter by the time mine came along but I took notes all along.

Shelley never yelled (a trait I've yet to master). She was always calm and honest with Amanda. And even during the teen age years, Shelley always had a sense of humor. Shelley is a wonderful aunt to Leah -- her biggest contribution may be that she has influenced Leah's education. For every holiday and birthday, she sends Leah the best books and reads with her whenever they are together. It's no coincidence that Leah is an excellent reader.
So Happy Birthday Shelley. We're so lucky to have you in our family.
(Photo from left to right: My mom, Shelley, Amanda, Lynn. I scanned the photo so it looks a little grainy.)

No comments: