Thursday, August 13, 2009

Reality Bites


Lynn was watching House Hunters on HGTV. He hollered "come here, this woman looks just like you." I saw a thirtysomething, slim, blonde. I didn't know how he could think she looks like me. I knew she didn't.




Then the camera moved back and revealed my real tv-twin. Fifty something, chunky woman with short dirty blonde hair. The word that came to mind was "dowdy". It was a slap in the face, a reality check. I was horrified that my husband thinks I look like her.




What is he thinking???? The more I thought about it, I realized that he didn't think she was dowdy/dikey/unattractive. If I remember my logic class: He loves me and he thinks I'm pretty therefore other women who look like me are pretty. Corny, but true.




It's time to go on a diet. Whenever I reach for a candy bar or a second helping of potatoes, I'll have to remember my tv-twin and take a walk instead.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I went shopping for bras yesterday. What are these pancake-like things attached to me chest?? Where did they come from? Reality bites. Big time.