Sunday, October 25, 2009

Always Consider the Big Picture and the Direction of the Wind

This morning thought I'd burn some old papers in the fire pit rather than waste time shredding them. The shredder is so slow with a big stack of paper.

So at 10:30, threw them in the fire pit and lit them. OMG. Created the largest plume of smoke. I was sure the fire dept would show up. The smoke headed directly for the neighbor's back door so I called them to give them a heads up.

What a bad idea. I ended up sitting vigil until noon to make sure the fire was out and the fire dept wasn't called. Headache from straining to hear the sirens. My hair smells like smoke and my eyes hurt.

Always use the shredder. Always.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

How big was your carbon footprint?

ME (aka Mia) W. said...

Carbon footprint? What's worse: a little smoke in the air and 2 hours of fretting about a false fire alarm or using electricity for the shredder and then recycling the leftover paper? Can someone send me the formula to calculate carbon footprints??????