Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Agenda


This is what Leah has planned for our day.


- Read Junie B. Jones (20 pages so she can finish her book report. This will only take about 30 minutes with all the distractions. This is a last minute change. She was almost done with Charlotte's Web and then remembered the book had to be fiction but it had to be something that could possibly happen -- CWeb doesn't fit the bill. They get to dress up like one of the characters and she started crying because now she can't dress up like a pig!)


- Watch Titanic (she is obsessed with the Titanic. I said she can watch the movie but we'll have to skip some scenes. I forgot that meant I would have to watch it with her and pay attention -- there goes 4 hours of an otherwise delightful Saturday.)


- Swimming. It's going to be 100 degrees today and I promised we'd swim.
- Go to drama class. Only 2 more rehearsals before the big performance where she makes her debut as a witch.
- Ride bikes. Ideally she wants to ride to the Bahama Bucks to get a smoothie but I think after swimming, I'll just want to hang out.

- And sprinkled in between all this I'm watching her perform original choreography from cds as diverse as the Hairspray soundtrack, Kids Bop 16 and Wicked.

Are you jealous of my day?


2 comments:

ME (aka Mia) W. said...

Our Saturday took a major turn. No swimming, no Titanic. It was a lazy Saturday after all. Sometimes I feel like such a bad mom when I complain about having to do all these kid things.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Don't feel bad, sometimes you want a Saturday to be lazy.

A bike ride to Bahama Bucks does sound yummy. I like the Wavebender. I haven't had one in years.